Wednesday 27 July 2011

My very 1st Blog Award!

The beautiful Wendy from The Butterfly Balcony has kindly awarded me with my very first Blog Award! Woop Woop!

Please go pay her a visit, her blog is full of reference material and her own trials of trying out all things vintage. Always an interesting read and one of the blogs I visit the most. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for her next instalment on Vintage Beauty from 'The Modern Girls Beauty Book' from 1938 :)



So, as tradition states, here are 5 things about me you might not know:

1. I too wear glasses. I love my vintage 1940's glasses, but I don't tend to wear them much, so it is very unlikely you will catch me wearing them in any posts, but here's a little peak for those who want to see them:


2. I am a dirty smoker. Yes I am. No excuses, I know it's bad for me, but I do enjoy a Cider in the sunshine with a dirty fag in hand. 


3. I burn with Factor 50 sun-cream. Yes, very sensitive skin, and I shall never tan, but I'm pleased with the idea of growing old the graceful way :)

4. I love cheese. Really, really love cheese. It's a bit of an ongoing joke amongst my circle of friends. Whenever I invite them around for dinner, it is guaranteed to include cheese. Most likely in the form of a Cheese Fondue or Raclette. For someone who is supposedly lactose intolerant, I can stuff cheese down my throat til the cows come home (get it, get it?!?) Evidence below:


5. I take Crazy Golf VERY seriously. I think I may have scared the Mister a little the first time I dragged him out to the course along the seafront. On our recent trip to the Isle of Wight, we managed to squeeze in no less than 6 games of Crazy Golf. Love love love!!!


I now get to pick my current top 5 blogs to pass this honour on to :) as Wendy mentioned in her post, you do not have to accept them if you do not wish to, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading all your blogs and how much I learn from you all, so thank you thank you thank you!


Thank you all, you brighten up my day every time you post something new and exciting up :)

If you wish, share the love with your top 5 bloggers and pas it on! 

Much Love and happy blogging,


L.J.
xxx


4 comments:

  1. Your glasses are so lovely! And I'm in love with that fur-collared jacket - please tell me it's repro and I can get one too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically that jacket is repro.... it's H&M from a car boot sale and a fur collar safety pinned on! hehe. invest in a nice fur collar and then pinnd it to any jacket and voil! cute coat :)

    and thank you :) I do love the glasses too just always forget to put them on!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely facts about you! Great glasses, I'm desperate to get my hands on a pair but then need to send them off to get lens with my prescription...blabla, I'm just too lazy!

    Great blog, from another Brighton Blogger x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping by to let you know that I've given you a blog award. I know, I know, you already got one from The Butterfly Balcony and I'm not expecting you to do another post with give more facts - it's more just to show my appreciation of your blog!
    http://loveletterfromlondon.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-award-happy-days.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day :) I'll answer any questions just as soon as I can!