Sunday 12 June 2011

Head Scarves - the 7 Day Challenge - Day 5

Day 5:


Horribly blustery and wet outside today! *bbbrrrrrr*

But we went out and braved it at the Bromley Pageant, with a crack of dawn, 5am start! 

Due to the early start, I decided to use the scarf in the same way as yesterday, but played about with the front rolls a bit and came up with the above. I think I quite like it! And it managed to withstand the day's rain and wind with only hairspray and pins to keep it in place.

We somehow managed to get there a bit earlier than we thought, so were the first ones in the Triumph 2000/2500 area. But that meant we got to watch all the others turn up while eating breakfast with a hot cuppa from the trusty thermos! Scrummy! :)


Picked up my new favourite coat while charity shopping yesterday. Such a score! I am in love with it. Its real suede, in my favourite colour, and I think, but not 100% sure, that it's sheepskin trimmed. The collar is amazing. I wore it yesterday and was wondering why there were hooks at the front, as it was hung up with the labels folded down in a 70s does 40s style, but then realised my neck was getting cold and voila! Cute little peter pan collar :) and all this loveliness for £20. 

Here's Tilly Triumph with her fellow siblings. We were the only Estate version, but parked up next to us, and sadly not in this picture as they left early, was the earliest surviving Mark 1 Triumph 2000. It was beautiful!


The day sadly ended in a bit of a wash-out. It started to pour it down, and the wind picked up. The displays in the main arena were cancelled, but the trusty Hot Rods turned out in force and took centre stage. 







There was a dad and son combo too, with his son driving a Tot Rod, with matching paintwork! I want one of these soo bad. One day...then I'd just have to train the dog....hehe.




One of the other attractions was the Home Front Bus. Take a step inside, and you will find a 40s living room, a shop, a street hit by bombs and even an air riad shelter! In one bus! 

It was amazing inside, you have to take a look if you ever get a chance. Stupidly, I didn't take any pictures as was too busy rummaging around :)


Having had a think about what to do next, I think I'm going to give the 'Rosie the Riveter' style a shot. 

Keep you posted!

Much love from Bromley,

L.J.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Love how you have done your hair!! I'm still trying to get the hang of it....the victory rolls I mean! :)
    May xx
    http://walkinginmay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brave thing... it was sooo hideous yesterday i didnt even think about going out all day. The rolls look really good doll x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair, looks as if you like me love classic vehicles.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day :) I'll answer any questions just as soon as I can!