Monday 30 May 2011

Blog Update

Evening All!

As you may have guessed I'm still out of action and unable to touch a computer (typed up courtesy of the Mister as from now) but I thought I'd share with you what I have been up to of late, and being stuck at home watching daytime TV for the past 2 weeks has got my creative juices flowing once again. Unfortunately, I wont be able to be creative for quite a while (blame the NHS, I am still waiting to find out the date of the OP). So the only thing I can currently do, other than watching TV and procrastinating, is take pictures!

I am ashamed to admit it, but yes, I got excited when Bargain Hunt came to Lewes on TV! I think that just about sums up my life in the past month ;) heh.

So planned to be up on the blog in the next coming weeks will be:

Vintage Shoppers guide to Lewes
Vintage Shoppers guide to Bexhill
Art Deco Walking Tour of Brighton & Hove
London to Brighton Classic Car Run
The Vintage Party & Events Guide

All sewing projects, paintings, and crochet have been put on hold until the doctor says so, so I'm filling my time exploring the 'hood, and wanted to show you all the hidden gems in Lewes and Bexhill, two of my favourite places to find a bargain, so you too can go have a rummage!

I don't know if I've mentioned this previously, but I have a huge love of Art Deco since staying at Burgh Island in Devon for my 21st Birthday. As the Mister's birthday is only 2 days before mine, I splurged out and surprised him, packed up our vintage (matching) suitcases, and whisked him off to Bigbury-on-Sea, where the idyllic Burgh Island is situated. More on that some other time maybe. Anyways, since then, I have loved Art Deco buildings, and started realizing just how many there were on my daily route to work. So as soon as the sun decide's to return, I'm going to construct my own Art Deco Walk around Brighton, taking in as many examples as I can squeeeze in!


The London to Brighton Classic Car Run comes to Brighton next Sunday, so if you are about, come pop along! I can't wait :)

I recently attended a friends 30th Birthday, which she had themed 50s, and my parents happened to go along to a 1940's charity party. After I had a look round the web, I realised just how many vintage themed parties there are at the moment, and will share some of them with you and come up with a little 'What's on Guide'.

Hope everyone is well! I have managed to read quite a lot of fellow Bloggers posts, and learning a lot! Will post up some of my favourites very shortly. A huge huge thank you to you, I've really been enjoying it and you've been keeping my mind busy and happy :)

Much Love from Brighton



L.J.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my Saltdean Lido post, and for all the tips! I will have to look out for details of this vintage revival meeting you mentioned.

    I'll keep an eye out for progress on your Art Deco guide as well - sounds like such a good idea. When it appears, that will definitely be a reason for me to get Brighton in my diary - it's been way too long since I last visited. If only I didn't have course work to do for uni, I would love to come down next weekend for the Classic Car Run. I had thought it was in November, or is that another one? If there's still the option later in the year, I'm hoping to arrange to get to that.

    Anyway, glad you found your way to my blog, and look forward to reading more posts on yours!

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day :) I'll answer any questions just as soon as I can!